In the week of 5-10 March 2012, OER Africa will be joining individuals and organisations from around the world in helping to raise awareness of the open education movement and open educational resources (OER).
Open Education Week is a global event that seeks to raise awareness about the benefits of free and open sharing in education, especially Open Educational Resources (OER). In its simplest form, the concept of Open Educational Resources (OER) describes any educational resources that are openly available for use by educators and students, without an accompanying need to pay royalties or licence fees. Open Education Week is being coordinated by the OpenCourseWare Consortium. The event will take place online and in different locations around the world, with opportunities to participate in webinars, discussions and live events. Projects and events will be featured from institutions and organizations from around the world. Visit www.openeducationweek.org for more information.
Here’s how OER Africa will be participating in Open Education Week. OER Africa will:
- Share a series of informational video clips which showcase:
- Participate in various webinar sessions and discussions relating to open education and open educational resources.
- Download a variety of OER Africa resources, case studies, guidelines and toolkits.
- On the 6 March, OER Africa will be at the Catholic University of Eastern Africa in Kenya to ‘show case’ the week by putting up exhibition in their libraries and spreading the word about the event. On the 7 March we will be at the United States International University. OER Africa will supply various OER resources to be showcased at the various exhibitions.
- Help to spread the word about Open Education Week!